Slip & Fall Injury Lawsuits West Palm Beach
A slip and fall injury is an unfortunate occurrence that is too often caused by conditions that could have been prevented. Slip and fall liability is often attributed to a property owner, though you may require an injury attorney to help you establish who is at fault for your injury. If you’ve been injured, we urge you to seek slip and fall legal help as soon as possible.
The slip and fall lawyers at Gordon and Doner are available to review your case for free. Let us help you determine who is responsible for your injury and assist you in recovering compensation. Our team has an impressive record of aiding our clients in successful premises liability lawsuits.
Types of Slip and Fall Injuries
A slip and fall injury can be caused by water or ice, debris, loose and damaged walkways, or poor visibility. Determining the type of slip or fall you experienced can help in identifying who should be held liable for your injuries, which can often be serious.
Most slip and fall injuries can be categorized by the following types of accidents:
- Trip and fall, where a foreign object in your path caused the fall
- Step and fall, where there was an unexpected hole or other issue with the walkway
- Slip and fall, where a wet or slick walkway caused you to lose your footing
Common slip and fall injuries that can result from these accidents, include:
- Head injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken bones, including hips and pelvis
- Torn ligaments and tendons
What To Do After A Slip and Fall Injury
If you have experienced a slip and fall injury, our West Palm Beach slip and fall attorney advise you to take the following steps.
- Seek medical treatment for any injuries you sustain in the accident, keeping all records. You should also photograph your injury as well as any changes in your condition.
- Report the incident to the owner of the property.
- Collect contact information for anyone who witnessed your fall.
- Take photos of the accident area before the hazard is corrected so the conditions that caused the accident can be clearly seen.
- Save your shoes, clothing, and other evidence.
- If an incident report was filed with the business where the accident occurred, ask to receive a copy for your records.
- Collect any medical bills associated with your slip and fall injury.
- Keep record of your time off of work that is related to the accident.
This information will be vital in helping your injury attorney prepare a strong case.
Slip and Fall Liability
Under the law, owners of both public and private properties must keep their properties safe, maintained and secured. Liability for a slip and fall injury will likely be determined by the condition of the property at the time of the fall. The condition of the property includes permanent hazards, such as broken concrete sidewalks or damaged steps, or temporary hazards, which include snow and ice on walkways.
Slip and fall liability may be placed on the owner of the property if permanent hazards have caused your injury. They may also be accountable for accidents caused by temporary hazards if they had sufficient time to learn of the situation and eliminate the hazard. Your status as a visitor on the property will also play a role in determining slip and fall liability.
Recovering Compensation for Your Slip and Fall Injury
If the property owner or another party has been found liable in the case of your slip and fall injury, you may be able to recover compensation for any costs you have incurred relating to your injury. Damages that may be recoverable include past medical bills, anticipated medical costs for continuing treatment, lost earnings, as well as pain and suffering. Our experienced team of legal professionals can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Contact a West Palm Beach Slip and Fall Attorney Today
A slip and fall injury can have a devastating impact on your health and quality of life. Don’t delay in seeking help from a qualified slip and fall lawyer. The skilled legal team of personal injury lawyers at Gordon and Doner will fight for you, by establishing slip and fall liability and helping you collect damages for your injuries. Contact us today to schedule your free case evaluation to discuss the merits of your claim.
At Gordon & Doner, we fight for the rights of the injured.
Gordon & Doner, P.A.
4114 Northlake Blvd
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Gordon & Doner - Davie
10650 Florida 84 #210
Davie, FL 33324
Gordon & Doner - Stuart
729 SW Federal Highway #212 Stuart, FL 34994