Florida Social Security Disability Attorneys
Social Security Disability is one of the most important financial resources for people whose disability prevents them from working - yet it is one of the most difficult benefits to obtain.
Unfortunately, most applicants are turned down the first time they apply forSocial Security Disability, and many simply give up. However, if you work with an experienced social security disability lawyer that is familiar with the approval process, your chances for a successful claim greatly improve.
At the law offices of Gordon & Doner, P.A we have detailed knowledge of the social security disability system, and can help you today.
To learn more about your legal options and how we can help, call us today at 1 (855) 722-2552 or simply fill out the "Free Case Evaluation" form located to the right.
We proudly offer free evaluations of your claim and only get paid when we obtain a recovery.
About Social Security Disability
With more than 2 MILLION people applying for Social Security Disability payments each year, it's important to note that the majority of claims are initially rejected by the claims office.
This often results in those that are genuinely eligible to receive benefits, to start believing that they are not able to refile or that they are completely ineligible, which discourages them from pursing the issue further.
If you have filed a SSD claim and have been rejected - or are in the beginning phases of filing your SSD claim - we can help.
With that in mind, there are four primary types of Social Security claims:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) provides financial benefits to people who have previously worked five out of the last 10 years but have become disabled to such an extent they can no longer work.
- Disabled Widow's and Widower's Benefits provides financial benefits to widows or widowers who have become disabled within a certain amount of time after the death of their spouse. These benefits, like SSDI, require that the recipient has worked in the past and contributed to the Social Security program.
- Disabled Adult Child Benefits provide financial support to children who become disabled before the age of 22, and whose parents are either deceased or receiving retirement or Social Security Disability payments.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is different than the first three types; instead of taking into account past work contributions to the Social Security system, SSI looks at the income of the claimant. SSI is available for both disabled children and adults, although the requirements are different for each group.
In order to be eligible for Social Security Disability, you must meet several criteria:
- You must be unemployed at the time of filing.
- You must meet the definition of "severe impairment" as defined by the Social Security Administration.
- You must have an impairment lasting at least 12 months or longer, or an impairment which is terminal.
- You have to be unable to work at your former job.
- You must be unable to perform other available work.
It's worth knowing that even people who very easily meet these criteria can have their claims rejected. If your claim is turned down, you can request what is known as "reconsideration" - which means your claim will be reviewed again.
You are not required to have legal assistance during the appeals process, but consulting with a Social Security Disability attorney can certainly make the difference between an approval and further denials.
How Long Can It Take To Get Approval?
While the overall process can vary from case to case, the initial approval process usually takes between three to six months for most applications.
However, an important step to take when either filing or re-filing your application is to organize the necessary paperwork before applying for benefits. By doing this, it helps to give your application the greatest opportunity of being accepted right from the very start.
If you are unsure of what forms or paperwork you need, call our Social Security Disability lawyers today at 1 (855) 722-2552. We can walk you through the entire application process and answer any questions along the way.
In the interim, some important documents for you to obtain are:
- Original or certified copy of your birth certificate
- Social Security numbers of all persons applying for benefits (including spouse and/or children)
- Dates of any prior marriages if your spouse is applying for benefits
- Proof of earnings for the past 12 months, if you previously were able to work and have recently become disabled (proof of earnings can be a copy of your W-2, federal tax return, pay stub or a statement from your employer)
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of doctors, hospitals or clinics that have treated you
- Medical records and dates of treatment from your doctors, hospitals or clinics
- List of all the medications you are currently taking
After you have supplied all the pertinent documents and applied directly to the Social Security Administration (SSA), you will either receive an approval or rejection. If your claim is rejected, the Social Security Disability lawyers at Gordon & Doner can help you.
- We'll make sure your disability is described using the wording most commonly recognized by the SSA
- We'll review all statements included in your application - removing any that are counterproductive to your claim
- We'll review your forms to ensure all paperwork is properly completed
- We'll review and discuss your medical treatment to ensure your care is consistent with your claim
With more than 180 years of combined legal experience, the team at Gordon & Doner has developed a thorough understanding of the Social Security Administration's procedures. We know what the claim reviewers look for - and we know how to effectively prepare documentation to ensure a successful outcome for our clients.
What Does It Cost To Hire A Social Security Disability Attorney?
At our firm, we strongly believe that everyone should have access to comprehensive legal counsel. With that in mind, we proudly work on a contingency basis. This means that we only charge you for our fees and services if we obtain a settlement or verdict for you.
For those that are unsure if they have a case or not, we also offer a 100% FREE initial case review, which allows our potential clients to submit the details of their claim to our Social Security Disability attorneys, who will then review the information to determine if you have grounds to file a claim.
If so, we will then advise you on the best way to move forward with proceedings.
Contact Our Social Security Disability Lawyers Today
Living with a disability is already challenging enough. You shouldn't have to spend months of your time fighting with the Social Security Administration over benefits that you need to live a normal life.
At the Florida law offices of Gordon & Doner, we strongly believe that you have a right to financial assistance when a disability prevents you from working and can help fight for the justice you deserve.
Our team of highly skilled attorneys have decades of experience helping Social Security Disability applicants just like you and offer our services to residents throughout South Florida, including:
.... and all of the surrounding areas in the region.
If your Social Security Disability claim has been rejected or if you are disabled and need help filing your claim, please contact us at 1 (855) 722-2552. A member from our intake staff will answer the call and collect some details about your claim. They will then connect you with one of our attorneys who will help to assess the merits of your case.
For those that would prefer to start immediately, simply fill out and submit the "Free Case Evaluation" form at the top of this page and we will contact you shortly.
For more information, please visit the related page on our website: Social Security Disability FAQs
Gordon & Doner, P.A.
4114 Northlake Blvd
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Gordon & Doner - Davie
10650 Florida 84 #210
Davie, FL 33324
Gordon & Doner - Stuart
729 SW Federal Highway #212 Stuart, FL 34994