Florida is a hotspot for vacationers this time of year. As Thanksgiving quickly approaches, Florida drivers will notice that the roads, streets, and highways are much more congested as the out-of-towners trickle in to celebrate the holiday. When traveling on the Florida roadways, it is important to remember a few holiday driving safety tips in order to ensure that you and your family members will be able to enjoy your Thanksgiving to the fullest.
When driving on the Florida roads in the next few days, drivers should:
- Be aware of posted speed limits, especially in unfamiliar area when driving out of state
- Understand out of state laws regarding right turns at red lights, left turns on a one-way street
- Check oil and tires before taking a long trip
- Get an inspection on all vehicle functionalities, many auto dealerships offer this at no charge
- Check tire pressure thoroughly
- Map out the trip prior to leaving
- If possible, avoid the interstate all together. Taking back roads is a fun way to avoid traffic while enjoying new scenery with the family
Keeping these travel safety tips in mind will help to ensure that this holiday season is enjoyable and safe. On behalf of Gordon & Doner , Happy Thanksgiving!