Davie Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys- Client Reviews
If you suspect that your elderly loved one has suffered abuse or neglect at a nursing home, you may be unsure about what to do next. You may be wondering how to investigate your suspicions and what to do if your suspicions are confirmed.
That is why you should contact the Davie nursing home abuse attorneys at Gordon & Partners for a free case evaluation. We are prepared to thoughtfully review your claim and, if you have a case, guide you through the legal process, fighting for all of the compensation you deserve. Your initial consultation comes with no obligation and we do not charge legal fees unless there is a favorable resolution of your case.
Call 1 (855) 722-2552 to talk to a Davie nursing home abuse attorney.
Examples of Nursing Home Abuse
Nursing home residents are particularly vulnerable to abuse because they often do not have the physical or mental wherewithal to fight back and report what they are dealing with.
Nursing home abuse can be physical, emotional or financial in nature and it can be perpetrated by staff members, other residents and visitors. It can lead to severe injuries, death, intense emotional trauma and other damages.
Common forms of abuse include:
- Forcing residents to eat
- Ignoring residents' personal hygiene
- Depriving residents of food, water or medication
- Failing to remove health or safety hazards
- Yelling or verbal harassment
- Stealing money or property
- Pressuring residents to sign legal contracts
- Inappropriate affection, including flirting or sexual touching
Our Davie nursing home abuse attorneys know how to spot these and other forms of abuse. If you suspect your loved one has been harmed, do not hesitate to contact us and discuss your situation.
Signs of Abuse
If your loved one is being abused or neglected, he or she may be afraid to speak up out of fear of retaliation from the abuser or abusers. That is why you should keep an eye out for injuries and anything out of the ordinary, as it could be a sign of abuse.
Our Davie nursing home abuse attorneys recommend watching for these common signs of abuse:
- Recurring bruises
- Disheveled physical appearance indicating poor hygiene
- Infections or other injuries your loved one cannot explain
- Broken bones
- Social withdrawal
If your loved one has any of these injuries, you should investigate further. If you are unsure how to do that, or if you have called the facility and gotten nowhere, contact our Davie nursing home abuse attorneys.
We have the resources and knowledge of nursing home abuse to thoroughly investigate the situation to find out if your loved one's nursing home rights have been violated. We will fight to hold negligent nursing homes accountable for abuse and obtain any and all compensation your loved one deserves.
Call our Davie nursing home abuse attorneys at 1 (855) 722-2552.
Causes of Nursing Home Abuse
As Americans continue to live longer, the demand for long-term care for seniors continues to grow. This has led to an explosion in the nursing home industry.
Unfortunately, more and more facilities are being run by large corporations that are more interested in profit than providing quality care. This can lead to various forms of negligence in the management of nursing homes, including:
- Understaffing – Nursing homes must maintain an adequate staff-to-resident ratio so each resident receives the care and attention he or she needs. Understaffed facilities may struggle to ensure each resident receives medications and all of the assistance he or she requires because of mental or physical limitations. Understaffing can cause residents to suffer severe injuries and death in some cases.
- Poorly trained staff – When staff members are not trained to provide proper care, administer medications and deal with violent or unruly residents, nursing home abuse is more likely to occur.
- Failing to properly vet staff members – In addition to training staff properly, facilities must make sure staff members meet state and federal requirements and pass a background check.
- Allowing third parties to harm residents – Nursing home residents can suffer abuse at the hands of other residents or visitors to the facility. Administrators and staff have a legal responsibility to protect residents from this type of abuse.
Contact a Davie Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Today
Federal and state laws say that nursing home residents deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. They are supposed to live free from abuse or neglect at the hands of staff members and others in the facility.
When residents suffer abuse, they may be able to file a lawsuit against the facility to obtain fair compensation for all the damages they have suffered.
The Davie nursing home abuse attorneys at Gordon & Partners know what constitutes abuse and we know how to build a strong case offering you a chance to recover compensation.
We work on a contingency fee basis, so we do not charge for our services unless your claim is successful.
Schedule your free consultation today by calling 1 (855) 722-2552.