If your application for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits has been denied, you may be at a loss for what to do next. Many people wrongfully think their chance for receiving the benefits they greatly need is gone and do not pursue an appeal.
The appeals process can be intimidating, but that should not deter you from fighting for the help you need. Our Palm Beach Gardens Social Security Disability lawyers have years of experience guiding our clients through the disability process and helping them recover the benefits they need.
Learn more about how we can help with your application today. Contact Gordon & Doner for a free review of your claim.
Types of Disability Benefits
Social Security Disability benefits are provided as a financial aid to those who are no longer able to work due to a disability. The Social Security Administration (SSA) provides two programs through which disabled Americans can apply for benefits. Each has a different set of guidelines and requirements.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD or SSDI): This program provides benefits to those who have worked and paid Social Security taxes. An eligible person must have worked for at least five of the 10 years before their disability developed. Dependents of a disabled person, including children and a spouse, may also qualify to collect payments.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): This program pays benefits to those who qualify based on financial need who are older than 65 and are blind, deaf or disabled and unable to work. A person must not make more than a set amount of income each month in order to qualify.
Our Palm Beach Gardens Disability lawyers can review your records and determine which program you qualify for.
Call 1 (855) 722-2552 for a free review of your claim.
Qualifying for Benefits
To qualify for either of the above programs, an applicant must meet the Administration’s strict definition of a total disability. You will be considered disabled if:
- You cannot perform the work you did before becoming disabled
- You cannot adjust to another type of work because of your condition
- Your disability has lasted or is expected to last a minimum of 12 months
The Social Security Administration will require a thorough review of your medical records, work history and other relevant information about your disability in order to determine if you qualify for benefits.
The SSA has a list of disabling conditions that automatically qualify for benefits if all of the requirements of the listing are met. If your condition is not listed, or you do not meet all of the requirements, the SSA will evaluate the severity of your condition, along with your ability to work in determining if you qualify for benefits.
Our Palm Beach Gardens Social Security Disability lawyers have detailed knowledge of the processes and procedures for getting disability benefits. We will help you collect all of the required documentation and build a compelling case to help you recover the benefits you need.
Get started today. Complete a Free Case Evaluation form.
Why Your Application May Have Been Denied
Receiving a denial for your disability application can be a defeating moment. It is important to note, however, that more than 50 percent of applicants are denied benefits on their first application. This is why it is critical that applicants who have been denied speak with a reputable SSD attorney about how to appeal the decision.
Applicants can be denied for any number of reasons, including:
- Making an error on the application
- Not providing enough detailed information
- Not following your doctor’s treatment orders
Our Palm Beach Gardens Social Security Disability lawyers will review your denial letter in order to determine exactly why your application was denied and how to move forward with an appeal.
Chat live with a legal representative now to discuss your claim.
How an SSD Attorney Can Help
Appealing a denied claim can be a long and complex process. Hiring an attorney to help appeal a denial greatly improves your chances of being approved. It also means you will have an experienced and dedicated team by your side throughout the entire process.
- Prepare your application by collecting all of the necessary personal information, employment documents, medical records, medical statements from your doctors, IRS forms, bank statements and other necessary documentation
- Keep track of the status of your claim and notify you of any updates
- Communicate directly with the Social Security Administration on your behalf
- Ensure an approval for benefits was calculated correctly and that there are no mistakes
Our Palm Beach Gardens Social Security Disability lawyers will ensure your application is complete, error free and makes a compelling argument for your approval.
If you disagree with the Administration’s denial of your claim, you have 60 days to file an appeal. It is important to contact our SSD attorneys as soon as possible to ensure your appeal is thoroughly prepared and submitted on time.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form today.
Contact Our Palm Beach Gardens Social Security Disability Lawyers
Whether you are applying for disability or have been denied benefits, our experienced attorneys can help you get the benefits you need. Our Palm Beach Gardens Social Security Disability lawyers have a track record of success and are well-versed in the process of appealing denied applications. Contact us today for a review of your claim.
The Social Security Administration strictly regulates the fees that attorneys and disability advocates receive for helping applicants with their claim. We will clearly describe our fee structure during your initial contact with our office.