West Palm Beach Social Security Disability Lawyer- Client Reviews
Social Security Disability (SSD) is one of the most important financial resources for people whose disability prevents them from working – yet it is one of the most difficult benefits to obtain.
Unfortunately, most applicants are turned down the first time they apply for Social Security Disability. After being turned down, many applicants simply give up.
However, if you work with an experienced Social Security disability lawyer who is familiar with the approval process, the chances of having your claim accepted are greatly improved.
At the law offices of Gordon & Partners, we have detailed knowledge of the Social Security Disability system and are available to help you today.
We proudly offer free evaluations of your claim and only get paid when you win. To learn more about your legal options and how our West Palm Beach Social Security disability lawyers can help, contact us today.
About Social Security Disability
With more than TWO MILLION people applying for Social Security Disability payments each year, it is important to note that the majority of claims will initially be rejected by the claims office.
Rejection often causes those who are genuinely eligible for benefits to question themselves and the extent of their disability. They may start believing they are not able to re-file their claim, or they may believe a rejection automatically means they are completely ineligible for benefits. Such beliefs often discourage eligible beneficiaries from pursing the issue further.
If you have filed an SSD claim and have been rejected, or if you are in the beginning phases of filing your SSD claim, our team of West Palm Beach Social Security disability lawyers can help.
With that in mind, there are four primary types of SSD claims that our Social Security disability lawyers can help you file. These types include:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): SSDI provides financial benefits to people who have worked for at least five out of the previous 10 years, but who have become disabled to such an extent that they are unable to work any longer.
- Disabled Widow's and Widower's Benefits: These benefits provide financial assistance to both male and female spouses who have become disabled within a certain time period after the death of their husband or wife. These benefits, like SSDI, require the recipient to have worked for several years and to have contributed to the Social Security program.
- Disabled Adult Child Benefits: If a child becomes disabled before the age of 22, and if their parents are either deceased or receiving retirement or Social Security Disability payments, the child may be eligible for disabled adult child benefits.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): SSI is not based on your past contributions to the Social Security system. Instead, SSI is based on the amount of your annual income. The lower your income, the more likely you are to qualify for SSI.
In order to be eligible for any form of Social Security Disability, you must meet certain criteria. Below is the list of criteria for all applicants as set forth by the Social Security Administration (SSA):
- You must be unemployed. You cannot be employed at the time of filing.
- Your disability must meet the Social Security Administration's definition of a "severe impairment."
- You disability must last (or be expected to last) one year or longer, or your disability must be considered terminal.
- You must not be able to perform your previous job.
- You must not be able to perform any other type of available work.
It is worth mentioning that even people who meet all of the above criteria can have their claims rejected. If your claim is turned down, you can request an appeal, which means your claim will be reviewed again.
You can also contact a reputable West Palm Beach Social Security disability lawyer. You are not required to have legal assistance during the SSD filing or appeals process, but consulting with a Social Security disability attorney can certainly make the difference between an approval and further denials.
Get started today by calling 1 (855) 722-2552.
Social Security Disability Approval Process
While the overall process can vary from case to case, for most applications, the initial approval process usually takes between three to six months.
Regardless if you are re-filing your application or filing it for the first time, it is important to organize the necessary paperwork before applying for benefits. By doing this, your application will have the greatest chance of being accepted right from the very start.
If you are unsure of what forms or paperwork you need, call our West Palm Beach Social Security disability lawyers today at 1 (855) 722-2552. We can walk you through the entire application process and answer any questions you may have along the way.
In the interim, some important documents for you to obtain are:
- Your birth certificate. Both an original or certified copy are acceptable.
- Your Social Security number (SSN) and the SSN for your spouse and/or children if they are also applying.
- If your spouse is applying for benefits, you will need the dates of any of their prior marriages.
- Your pay stubs, W-2 form or federal tax return as proof of your earnings for the past 12 months.
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of all doctors, hospitals or clinics that have treated you
- Medical records and dates of treatment from your doctors, hospitals or clinics
- List of all the medications you are currently taking
After you have supplied all the pertinent documents and applied directly to the Social Security Administration, you will either receive an approval or rejection. If your claim is rejected, the West Palm Beach Social Security disability lawyers at Gordon & Partners can help you. We will:
- Make sure your disability is described correctly, using the wording most commonly recognized by the SSA
- Review all statements in your application and remove any that may be counterproductive to your claim
- Organize your paperwork and double-check all forms to make sure they are properly completed
- Discuss your medical treatment with you to ensure your care is consistent with your claim
With more than 200 years of combined legal experience, the team of West Palm Beach Social Security disability lawyers at Gordon & Partners has developed a thorough understanding of the SSA's requirements and procedures. We know what claim reviewers look for, and we know how to effectively prepare documentation to ensure a successful outcome for our clients.
Learn more about how we can help you. CHAT LIVE with a legal representative now.
Contact Our West Palm Beach Social Security Disability Lawyers Today
At Gordon & Partners, we strongly believe that all disabled persons should have access to comprehensive legal counsel when trying to obtain the disability benefits they deserve.
Living with a disability is already challenging and difficult. You should not have to spend your time fighting with the Social Security Administration for the financial benefits you deserve.
Our West Palm Beach Social Security disability lawyers strongly believe that you have a right to financial assistance when a disability prevents you from working. With this in mind, we proudly work on a contingency fee basis, which means we only charge you for our fees and services if we obtain a settlement or verdict on your behalf.
For those who are unsure if they have a case or not, we also offer a 100% FREE initial consultation, which allows our potential clients to submit the details of their claim to our West Palm Beach Social Security disability lawyers, who will then review the information and determine if you have grounds to file a claim. If so, we will then advise you on the best way to move forward with proceedings.
If your Social Security Disability claim has been rejected, or if you are disabled and need help filing your claim, please contact us. We can – and will – fight tirelessly for the justice and benefits you deserve.