Darren Covar has over 30 years’ experience helping people in many areas. He started his professional career as a High School Guidance Counselor and began working with students from other countries (ESOL). He took great satisfaction in helping this eager population. He decided to switch careers and attended the Broward County Police Academy becoming a Cooper City Police Officer, a Palm Beach Deputy Sheriff, and then a Special Agent for the Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco.
While a Special Agent he served on the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Immigration Customs Enforcement on a three year investigation into an organized fraud taking advantage of undocumented immigrants from across the country.
While working as a Special Agent, Darren attended Nova Law School at night. After graduating from Law School, he retired from law enforcement and opened up his own law firm specializing in Immigration and Criminal Law. While serving in law enforcement Darren took great satisfaction in fighting for those who were victimized. He has continued with that same enthusiasm as an Attorney for the past 12 years.
- US Department of Justice, US Attorney’s Office, Outstanding Law Enforcement Officer of the Year.
- US Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigations, Commendation Award for Joint Operations.
- Awarded “Guardiao da Fraterna Integracao Brasil – Estados Unidos” presented by the Brazilian Government.
- Awarded “Lembranca do Curso Superior de Policia Integrado do Estado do Rio de Janeiro” presented by the Secretary of State for Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
- State Bar of Florida, 2012
- University of Florida, B.S. 1990
- University of Florida, M.Ed., Ed.S. 1992
- Nova Law School, JD 2010
- Immigration Law
- Criminal Law