Practice Areas: Consumer Class Action, Products Liability, Complex Litigation, Wrongful Death and Aviation Crashes
Steven Calamusa's practice involves complex litigation in both Federal and State Courts and includes Consumer Class Action and Multi-District Litigation (MDL). Mr. Calamusa joined the firm in 1997 after serving as an Assistant County Attorney for Palm Beach County. Mr. Calamusa became a partner/shareholder with Gordon & Partners in 2004.
During his career, Steven has achieved a number of distinctions within the legal community. He has been recognized as one of the Top 100 attorneys in the State of Florida, has been awarded the honor of “Super Lawyers” and attained the highest rating possible, an AV rating, with the Martindale-Hubbell legal directory of exemplary lawyers.
Among the notable cases in which Mr. Calamusa has been involved are:
Hankinson, et al. v. RTG Furniture Corp., dba Rooms To Go;
IN RE: Navistar Maxxforce Engines Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation
IN RE: Takata Airbag Products Liability Litigation
Ponzio, et al. v. Mercedes-Benz USA LLC, et al.,
Johannessohn, et al. v. Polaris Industries Inc.
Simmons et al. v. Ford Motor Company
IN RE: Chrysler- Dodge-Jeep Eco Diesel Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation
Colon v. South Florida Blood Banks, Inc.; Robert Bosch Corporation; Cummins Engine Company, et al.
Bornander v. Sundy Inn Inc., dba Sundy House; Dey, Inc.; Dey, LP, et al.
Toral v. Outback Steakhouse of Florida, dba Outback Steakhouse, et al.
Goldman v. Babe Ruth League, Inc. and Jupiter Tequesta Association, Inc.
With a proven track record of success as a trial attorney, and with a number of significant victories to his credit, Mr. Calamusa is a prominent member in legal community who is dedicated to the pursuit of justice for his clients.
If you have any questions regarding a matter for which you believe Mr. Calamusa can be of assistance, he welcomes you to contact him at SCalamusa@ForTheInjured.com.
Law & Legal Memberships
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- The Florida Justice Association
- Palm Beach Justice Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Awards & Associations
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum—Invited Member
- Florida Super Lawyers®, Top 100
- Florida Super Lawyer®, 2015
- Super Lawyer®, 2007, 2014-2018
- "AV Rated"—Martindale-Hubbell
- "Top 100" Trial Lawyers in America —American Trial Lawyers Association
- Distinguished Service Award—Traffic Safety Committee of the Palm Beach
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)—Palm Beach County Chapter
- Palm Beach County Safe Kids Coalition—Board Member
- Palm Beach County Sheriff's Foundation
- 1993, Florida
- University of Miami School of Law, B.A—1987
- University of Miami, J.D—1992
- Deans List—Member
- Business Law Journal
- Student Bar Association—1991-1992
- Certified, General Contractor, Florida—1993
- Maintenance of Traffic Certification—2005