Millions of people each year choose flying as a quick and reliable form of transportation for long-distant travel. However, aviation accidents are extremely dangerous and often result in severe injuries or death.
Surviving or losing a loved one in an aviation accident is a traumatic experience that will take years to recover from. At Gordon & Doner, our Palm Beach Gardens aviation accident lawyers understand the loss you are experiencing. Our Palm Beach Garden personal injury attorneys can help by providing qualified and professional legal representation while charging you no costs unless we help you receive compensation. Initial consultations with first time clients are always free and come with no obligations, as we review your claim to determine if you have legal options.
Call 1 (855) 722-2552 to schedule your free consultation.
Causes of Aviation Accidents
Regardless of the size and model of an aircraft, the devastation of an aviation accident is severe for all involved. Although aircraft are equipped with advanced safety technology and are required to pass routine inspections, accidents do occur. Some common causes of aviation accidents are:
- Pilot error
- Poor weather conditions
- Design defects
- Manufacturing defects
- Air traffic controller error
- Improper aircraft maintenance
It often takes investigators weeks or months to discover the cause of an aviation accident. During that time, speculation can mislead the course of an investigation and greatly impact those who are involved.
If you are recovering from or lost a loved one in an aviation accident, it is important that you have experienced professionals on your side to ensure that all is being done to discover the true cause of an accident.
Our Palm Beach Gardens aviation accident lawyers have a deep understanding of the structure and engineering of all forms of aircrafts. Whether the accident was the result of pilot error, manufacturing defect or a malfunctioning aircraft, we will hold those responsible for the accident accountable for their mistake.
Fill out a Free Case Evaluation form to begin your review.
Liability for Aviation Accidents
Determining liability for an aviation accident is extremely important when forming a case. However, finding a party responsible for the accident can be difficult because of the many factors involved in air travel, aircraft ownership and manufacturer responsibility.
The different factors of liability for aviation accidents include:
- Ownership liability: If the aircraft is privately owned by an individual or corporate entity, the responsibility for the safety of the passengers on board falls with them. Aircraft owners have a “duty of care” for those flying as passengers within their aircraft and they can be held at fault for any form of carelessness or recklessness, including the actions of the pilots and staff under their employ.
- Common carrier liability: Commercial airliners are referred to as “common carriers” because they are open to the public and are willing to transport anyone who pays for a ticket. They fall under the jurisdiction of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), which is in charge of regulating and approving all activity concerning commercial aircraft.
- Manufacturer liability: Aircraft manufacturers can be held liable if you are able to prove that the accident was a result of a defective aircraft or component, based on the concept of strict liability. This means that the negligence or intent to harm does not play a part when holding a manufacturer liable for an accident. If the aviation accident that affected you or your loved one was caused by a defective part, our defective product attorneys can help you file a claim against the aircraft's manufacturer.
Because of the complexity of aircraft accidents, it is imperative that you have an experienced attorney who has knowledge of aviation law. These accidents often result in the death, or severe incapacitating injuries, of the passengers and crew onboard which makes it very difficult to determine the cause of the accident and who accepts liability.
Our Palm Beach Gardens aviation accident lawyers have a vast understanding of all forms of aircraft and well-grounded knowledge grounded knowledge concerning aviation and product liability law. If you want to know more about determining liability for an aviation accident, do not hesitate to ask.
Call 1 (855) 722-2552 to speak with one of our attorneys.
How Can Our Palm Beach Gardens Aviation Accident Lawyers Help You?
It is imperative that you hire a lawyer with experience handling these types of cases. Our Palm Beach Gardens aviation accident lawyers are qualified to help ensure that the at-fault party is identified and held accountable. We will do this by:
- Conducting an independent investigation separate to that of the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), the federal agency responsible for investigating all aviation accidents.
- Researching the backgrounds of the pilots, crew, manufacturer and owners of the aircraft involved in the aviation accident for any past violations or controversies.
- Inspecting the aircraft model and its components to understand if a malfunction occurred.
- Interviewing witnesses or survivors of the accident who are in a safe and stable condition.
- Gathering information from air traffic controllers, flight patterns, black box recordings and airport records that indicate the cause of the accident to be used as evidence in a trial.
- Visiting the crash site to view the remains of the aircraft and survey the surrounding area.
Having the right attorney to represent you or a loved one you lost in an aviation accident is crucial to helping you get compensation you deserve and holding the at-fault party responsible. The Palm Beach Gardens aviation accident lawyers at Janet, Jenner & Suggs will provide you with professional and dedicated legal service that may help to ease your recovery.
Call our legal team 1 (855) 722-2552 for more information.
Contact Our Palm Beach Gardens Aviation Accident Lawyers
At Gordon & Doner, our Palm Beach Gardens aviation accident lawyers have a reputation of providing clients with professionalism and dedication that is crucial when building a case that may entitle compensation.
We are experienced in handling complex cases like aviation accidents and will do all we can to help injured victims or the surviving families. Do not hesitate to contact us for a free consultation today.