Nursing Home Abuse FAQ

nursing home resident and nurse

When a loved one is placed in a nursing home, families often have so many questions the process becomes overwhelming. If your loved one is abused or harmed while in assisted living, families have even more questions and concerns. On this page, we have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions regarding nursing home abuse and neglect.

A victim of Florida nursing home abuse is entitled to hire a private attorney in order to file a civil lawsuit for compensatory damages for the violation of any of the resident's rights. Subsequently, nursing home abuse or neglect can result in an investigation and fining by an adult protective services agency, a civil cause for action or lawsuit to recover damages on behalf of the victim and a criminal prosecution intended to punish malicious and intentional conduct.

For a FREE, no-obligation review of your claim, call us at 1 (855) 722-2552 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form to reach us online

Gordon & Partners - For The Injured®


Gordon & Partners, P.A.

4114 Northlake Blvd
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Phone: 561-333-3333

Gordon & Partners - Plantation

8201 Peters Road, Suite 4000
Plantation, Florida 33324
Phone: 754-333-3333

Gordon & Partners - Stuart

729 SW Federal Highway #212
Stuart, FL 34994
Phone: 772-333-3333