Side Impact Collision Information
Posted on behalf of Gordon & Partners on Feb 19, 2013 in Auto Accidents
Accountable for more than 9,000 deaths each year, side impact collisions are amongst the most dangerous types of auto accidents. In fact, one out of every four auto accident fatalities in the United States is due to a side impact collision. Commonly referred to as a “T-bone accident”, this particular form of collision is known to cause severe injury to victims, as well as severe damage to property and vehicles involved. While some serious auto accident s are unavoidable, being an alert driver can help to curtail the likelihood of side impact collisions.
In 2010, Palm Beach County tallied 12,397 auto accident injuries, amongst the highest in Florida. Traffic congestion in South Florida and West Palm Beach, in particular, increases the probability of side impact collisions. High risk is often associated with these specific types of auto accidents, as injuries are characteristically severe to catastrophic. No one should suffer because of another’s negligence and carelessness. If you or a loved one has suffered due to a side impact collision, the West Palm Beach attorneys at Gordon & Partners are dedicated to fighting for the injured.
For a Free Case Evaluation, simply fill out the online form to the right.
Side Impact Collisions Basics
Side impact collisions can truly change lives. In an instant, a simple trip to the grocery store can result in catastrophic damages. Knowing a few side impact collision basics, however, may help to keep drivers aware of their surroundings. Maintaining a greater level of attentiveness may reduce the likelihood of an auto accident with a negligent driver. Below are a few side impact collisions basics.
- Side impact collisions occur when the front or back of one vehicle strikes the side of another
- Victim injuries and property damage reflect both the weight of the vehicles and the velocity at which they struck one another, as well as how the frame of the vehicle is constructed
- T-bone collisions are also referred to by the name “broadside collisions”
- Today, vehicles are built with side impact airbags to limit the amount of injury to those involved in side impact collisions
- While severity varies, high-impact accidents may cause vehicles to spin or rollover
- Intersections host the majority of side impact collisions (i.e. red light and stop sign intersections)
Alert drivers reduce the probability of an auto accident. Be sure to remain aware of your surroundings while driving on the West Palm Beach roadways and highways.
Causes of Side Impact Collisions
While the roadways and highways are commonly unpredictable, a few factors generally contribute to the causes of side impact collisions.
- Drivers under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Texting and Driving
- Distracted Drivers
- Negligent Drivers
- Failure to stop at a stop sign and/or red light
- Racing through a stale yellow light
- Reckless turning
- Neglecting to follow traffic signs, i.e. a four-way stop
If you or a loved one has been involved in a West Palm Beach side impact collision, the attorneys of Gordon & Partners are here to help.
Injuries Due to Side Impact Collisions
Victims of side impact collisions tend to suffer severe to catastrophic injuries. While safety measures have continued to improve, the side of any vehicle is still considered a “danger zone”, as this area has trouble absorbing any impact. Compensation often differs dependent upon the gravity of each victim’s injuries.
A few of the most common injuries due to side impact collisions include:
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Head/Brain Trauma
- Internal Organ Impairment
- Neck and Back Injury
- Abrasions & Lacerations
If you have been injured in an automobile accident, it is advised to seek the attention of a medical professional immediately. Additionally, these medical documents can be used by our attorneys to help build your case in the court of law.
Contact a West Palm Beach Side Impact Collisions Attorney
Gordon & Partners is dedicated to seeking justice for the injured. Regardless of the severity of injury, our West Palm Beach attorneys will fight for compensation for your losses. If you or a loved one has been a victim of a side impact collision, contact our offices for a free, no-obligation consultation.
Please complete the online form to the right for a Free Case Evaluation.