In 2012, more than 281,000 motor vehicle accidents were reported throughout Florida this equates to nearly 800 motor vehicle accidents every single day.
Although it can be difficult to prepare for an accident, as many, happen in just a split-second, drivers can prepare a vehicle emergency kit that can help them be ready for certain situations. From minor vehicle accidents to flat tires to a dead battery, the following items could help you get through a tough situation.
- Jumper cables and/or portable battery booster. A portable battery booster can give your car the boost it needs without another car, but its always good to have a set of jumper cables available as well in case the battery booster is defective.
- Cellphone and car charger. Although everyone will likely have a cellphone in their vehicle, making sure you have a way to charge can make all the difference if you're stranded in a rural area.
- First aid kit. Purchasing a portable first aid kit can help you treat minor injuries such as small cuts and burns. The kit can be especially useful if you are waiting for emergency services to arrive.
- Flares and reflective triangles. These items can help you warn other drivers of your position on the side of the road, which is especially important at night.
- Drinking water and non-perishable food. If you're traveling through rural areas and become stranded, you may need to rely on emergency food until help arrives.
- Jack, lug wrench and a spare tire. Did you know that some newer model vehicles do not necessarily include a spare tire? Even if your vehicle came with one its important to check that the tire has enough air and that you have the tools needed to change a tire.
- Flashlight and extra batteries. If you need to change a tire at night, there may not be any street lamps around which is why you should keep a flashlight in your vehicle emergency kit.
Drivers should be prepared for anything, including knowing what to do after an accident. If you or someone you love has been hurt in a car crash, contact the experienced attorneys at Gordon & Doner. We can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
For a free review of your claim, contact us at 1 (855) 722-2552.