11-Year-Old Injured in Hit-and-Run Accident
Posted on behalf of Gordon & Partners on Oct 02, 2014 in Auto Accidents
An 11-year-old is in the hospital after being hit by an SUV while walking to school in West Palm Beach.
The child, whose name has not been released, was walking alone on the shoulder of the 500 block of South Chillingworth Drive when the child was hit from behind by a green SUV. The child was not walking on the sidewalk and the man in the SUV fled the scene.
Anyone with information on the driver is asked to contact the West Palm Beach Police Department.
Gordon & Partners sends their well wishes to the victim of this hit-and-run accident. We would also like to extend some information on walking safely to school. If your child must walk to school on their own, consider the following tips:
- Have them walk with a friend if possible
- Pick a safe route to school
- Children should stick to the route their parents provide, shortcuts could be dangerous
- Always use the sidewalk
- Watch out for cars and trucks at every driveway and intersection
- Always obey traffic signs, signals and school crossing guards
If someone you love has been injured in a pedestrian accident, the West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer s at Gordon & Partners are here to help. We can help you determine what your legal rights are and if you may be eligible to file a compensation claim.